I played disc golf at Bryant Lake Park in the prairies of eden last Saturday with Marye, Liz, Christina, and Paul. The 12-hole course offers varied terrain and good views. The most dramatic hole is number 11 where the tee is atop a massive hill facing a sweeping valley. The idea is to launch your disc over the road at the foot of the hill and watch it float down, down, down onto the grass. Marye had a huge drive. Simply huge. Paul's second shot hit the pole beneath the basket and the group ahead of us voiced their accolades. 'Nice'. I shot from the same area and smashed up the chains with a super long strike. 'That was better', according to the group ahead. It is by far the longest shot I have ever made.
I used the round on Saturday to experiment with my throwing technique. I'm a big fan of the forehand, which seems to require less balance and coordination, but in an effort to improve my backhand, I used the ole rusty backhand the whole round.
The plan for this summer is to visit a few different disc golf courses around the metro area. I made a Google map of the courses. Also, check out this website. It's incredible. There are pictures of each hole.
No comments:
Post a Comment