Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Cruising While We Can

Last Saturday was a beautiful, sunny day that we started by eating Breadsmith treats while lounging outside of Dunn Brothers. Though many may scoff at the intensity of the early April sun, I do not underestimate the yellow dwarf star once the vernal equinox has passed. Such is the life of the pale force. I can stick my head outside to check the weather and be burned.

With bellies full of carbohydrates, we cycled down the Greenway superhighway, to the Lakes, and back along Minnehaha Creek. It was a leisurely 17-mile ride. Back in the yard, I dragged the table & plastic chairs out of the shed. I set up the rain barrels and checked on the grill.

Marye made a delicious lasagna, which was followed by vanilla icecream and mango. We played two games of Settlers of Catan with Jose, Tim, and Paul.

No comments: