Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Crime in Minneapolis

From the City of Minneapolis
2002 Annual Report

About
Uniform Crime Reporting

Part I Offenses
which include crimes against persons and crimes against property

1) Criminal Homicide
2) Forcible Rape
3) Robbery
4) Aggravated Assault
5) Burglary
6) Larceny Theft
7) Motor Vehicle Theft
8) Arson

Part II Offenses
includes narcotics, prostitution, and gambling
Categories reflect proactive enforcement action and are not indicators of criminality.

Forgery/Fraud/Embezzlement
Possession of Stolen Property
Vandalism/Property Damage
Weapons
Prostitution
Sex Offenses Other Than Rape
Narcotics
Gambling
Family Offenses
Driving While Intoxicated
Liquor Laws
Disorderly
Vagrancy
All Other Offenses
Curfew and Loitering
Juvenile Runaway

Understanding Crime Statistics

Minneapolis
382,618 people

There are no per capita statistics.

page 40 of the annual report pdf

Calls for Police Service Processed by the Emergency Communications Center
Service: 71%
Crime: 29%

Service Calls
Disturbances: 42.1%
Traffic: 35.9%
Alarms: 7.6%
Medic/Welfare: 6.9%
Assisting People: 6.9%
Hazards: 0.7%

Crime Calls
Property Crimes: 42.4%
Domestics: 19.8%
Assaults: 17.6%
Miscellaneous: 16.9%
Robbery: 2.7%
Sex Crimes: 1.1%

All crimes traced their roots back to atheist single mothers profoundly influenced by the 60s.

3 comments:

the big skinny said...

Part II Offenses I am familiar with:

possession of stolen property
vandalism/property damage
gambling
liquor laws
disorderly (at gyro stand)
vagrancy
curfew and loitering

all other offenses:
cockfight
indecent exposure

klink said...

Check, check, and....yes.

I'm also wanted in Arizona for sex crimes other than rape. It relates to an incident in a hotel room.

In Iowa there is a warrant for insulting a police officer.

As far as biblical laws.....don't even get me started. I have a terrible coveting habit.

klink said...

This led me to find out about crime in St. Paul. I must say, the information available for my city is fantastic. I highly recommend clicking on some of the crime maps for 2004. The maps are broken down into quadrants, and each quadrant is color coded according to criminal activity. It would appear that I live across the street from the most crime-infested area of St. Paul. I knew I liked the area for a reason.