A few things...
This morning two pileated woodpeckers, also known as log cocks, were hammering away at an elm tree outside our kitchen window across the street. Pileated woodpeckers are slightly smaller than crows and are notable by their red crest. One of the woodpeckers hewed a twelve-inch strip of bark off the elm. Sweet.
We have all seen the style of jeans young American women wear; low-riders accentuating yeasty love handles that bulge and hang over the sides. There is a name for what you see: muffin tops.
We are growing a Thai dragon pepper plant along the side of our garage. The plant is burgeoning like a mo-fo, pencil-tip peppers everywhere. I chopped one up - one, mind you - and sprinkled it over a plate of pasta. Very hot. Then my nose started to run a little bit. I rubbed my nose. The dragon got all up in my nose. It was sensational. I will keep some of the seeds and try to grow more plants next year.
I finished reading Order of the Phoenix and the Half-Blood Prince. I also just finished reading America (the book), produced by the folks at Comedy Central.
2 comments:
There is a different name for something else you might see: Labrador Retriever.
Save a dragon for me. When i was watering those plants in July I was salivating over the possibility of a runny nose.
Go Huskers: 18 days to kick-off. 25 days until an even more important kick-off.
60 days until I get dressed up and feed a bunch of people who won't recognize me in 74 days.
Husker Update: Fall practice is in full swing. 18 days to kick-off, as I mentioned above. Last year NU brought in a very highly touted recruiting class. Add that to a lack of overall depth and you have some true freshmen competing for playing time.
Position battles of note: Safety- replacing Josh Bullocks (now in the NFL) is up to either JR. Andrew Shanle (last year's #2) or FR. Leon Jackson (won the 100/200 double at state meet in WA as HS-Freshman and sophomore.....didn't run again to focus on FB and grades).
MLB: Replacing Barrett Ruud. currently 3 guys trying to seperate themselves from the pack.
CB: Remember this name: Zach Bowman. he was a JUCO transfer so he is a junior. Perhaps the fastest guy on the team. Others battling: Tierre Green, Courtney Grixby, and Bryan Wilson.
WR: Wide open, Nunn, Hardy, Fluellan, Brooks, Leflore, Mulkey.
Recruiting is a little stagnant right now but should pick up once the season starts and guys start making official visits.
Post a Comment