Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Supply Chain

At around 9am on September 7 I ordered the three volume set of "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" from Amazon. My order was immediately confirmed by email and a few hours later I received another email stating that my order had been shipped.

This is what I saw when I tracked my order:

Date: Time: Location and Event Details
Sep 11, 2006 10:41:00 AM US Delivered
Sep 11, 2006 03:02:00 AM MINNEAPOLIS MN US Out for delivery
Sep 09, 2006 01:39:00 AM MINNEAPOLIS MN US Arrival Scan
Sep 09, 2006 12:59:00 AM EAGAN MN US Departure Scan
Sep 08, 2006 11:08:00 PM EAGAN MN US Arrival Scan
Sep 08, 2006 02:43:00 PM ADDISON IL US Departure Scan
Sep 08, 2006 01:26:00 PM ADDISON IL US Arrival Scan
Sep 08, 2006 01:25:00 PM ADDISON IL US Arrival Scan
Sep 08, 2006 09:56:00 AM INDIANAPOLIS IN US Departure Scan
Sep 08, 2006 08:22:00 AM INDIANAPOLIS IN US Arrival Scan
Sep 08, 2006 04:07:00 AM LEXINGTON KY US Departure Scan
Sep 07, 2006 06:13:00 PM LEXINGTON KY US Shipment picked up from seller's facility
Sep 07, 2006 05:21:20 PM US Carrier notified to pick up package

Interstate commerce.
Capitalism.
Amazing.

No comments: