two things
first. i had to buy some deodorant because the building i work in keeps our office at 77 degrees, no shit. do you know what 77 feels like to my body in november in minnesota. my body says 86 and sunny. naturally, me being a man uber alles, i don't want my armpits to smell like roses. that's why i bought woodspice, a deodorant cloying of man musk (actually sage and lemongrass, but don't tell anyone).
second. if you're feeling down, visit rather good. i recommend giant bee. and you might recognize we like the moon from the quizno commercials.
i will be away on assignment until november 29. jude has agreed to write on my behalf while i am gone. just for the record jude, i think you're a love lover. sometimes i say things i don't mean.
6 comments:
What's that you say Benjamin? I'm a love lover, or a lovely lover?
You could get Klink to post, he does so more than the rest of us anyway.
I was born a poor, black child. Sure, I was in iowa and white, but I was born a poor, black child.
If it will make you feel better Jude, I will start posting on your blog, however that has been an unsuccessful experiment for Timmy's, because apparently I only post mean things- so it won't make you feel any better. But here's my attempt at posting for ben:
what is that makes us say mean things on web logs. why do democrats lose all the important elections. for explanations look here.
huskers 52, colorado -6.
saw an intersting article in the estelline journal today, it was about someone going to coffee at my parents house. read it here.
tim thinks he is right, but he is not.
i am very manly, but my friend klinker is very manly.
how did i do.
i meant to say "i am manly, but my friend klinker is very, very manly"
guess i should proofread.
You did a fine job Klink. I've decided Ben will have no say in this and in turn, I bequeath you his blogging ugly stick for the interm...commence with the beating.
Ben,
While I've figured out what inspired the "love lover" retort, I still haven't discerned its true meaning. I'm not particularily proud of my flippant remarks on the Mac Pack website or anywhere else for that matter, but that's kinda what I do and I've always found a way to live with the repercussions. On that note, I think I'll make my way over to that site and gash away.
Ben's web log as written by klinker, November 19, 2004:
I proctored a test today, it was for the upper level chemistry class 'inorganic chemistry'. soon i will begin grading the exam and realize what i realize everytime i grade an exam- lots of students are dumb. i don't say this only because i'm very smart and it's a relativity thing, it's because i am able to dumb myself down to their level and actually realize how dumb they are. on our course website we post old exams and keys, which basically serve as templates for this year's exams. people do not realize it would be beneficial to understand the concepts of those exams....or come to lecture.....or do suggested homework....or utilize review sessions. basically, a lot of people are wasting money on tuition and getting a degree but not getting an education. as long as they can pull a D or a C in the class, it shouldn't affect the GPA too much, and they should still graduate. heaven help me if some of these chemistry grads are ever working for me. and these are juniors and seniors, supposedly the weeding out has taken place. i have also interacted with freshman and sophomores when i TA'ed for general chemistry. at least there you can expect lack of chemistry background and wish them well on their future of changing majors. but it still frightened me that students at that level couldn't do simple math or write complete sentences (i should talk, huh?). my general conclusion from all of this is that public education does not benefit very many people, because smart people will do fine and we don't have to care about those who are being left behind. why? they're not paying $30,000 a year to be there, that's why.
In other news, congress has approved a bill to allow the debt ceiling to be $800 billion. I wish i had that kind of credit line. as a libertarian, it frustrates me to no end that the so-called republican government can't even stick to the principles of their party. it frustrates me even more that they are sending us into economic ruins. can't wait for that national sales tax to kick in. but hey, at least those gays can't get married to each other.
i did some searching on campaign spending this year. turns out ralph nader ran a very inefficient campaign. he spent the most on a dollars per vote basis. guess that "momentum" from 2000 didn't really help. my opinion is that it shows what a joke his campaign was this time around. inefficient use of funds is not the hallmark of a good third party candidacy. when you take into account his name recognition and the fact that he appeared on nationally broadcast programs (daily show, cnn programs, network latenight), he had a very poor showing.
congrats on your wedding shultz. i hope you like the toothbrush holder.
Post a Comment