On Friday evening we dined at Tryg's near Lake Calhoun to celebrate Megan Kelly's birthday. I ate a pork shank and drank two Summit EPAs. Then we went to Dulano's where we drank two pitchers of Premium while listening to live bluegrass music. The live music continued at Liz's apartment when we forwarded to the end of the Wedding Singer and sang karaoke.
Saturday, Marye and I helped her Mom paint the outside of her store. Later that afternoon I played basketball with Klinker at the court on St. Clair and Prior. Over the course of several games, we played with psychos, thugs, skanks, and slim shady ballhogs. There is much to tell. Maybe later. After the game we enjoyed a couple beers and fries at the Groveland Tap. The beer did not help prevent stiffness induced by lateral movement.
I ran with Paul on Sunday morning. Paul informed me that he ran nearly 21 miles on Saturday. Huge.
I picked up several more CDs at the public library.
* Tito Puente
* Miles Davis
* Wynton Marsalis
* Abba
* Brazilian hip-hop
* Beethoven
We went to the Ha Tien Market (Thai grocery store) on University. It was great. I bought jasmine rice, sticky rice, and fish sauce. I was wearing my "I Love America" shirt. You don’t know me.
Sunday evening, we met Andrea, John, and Tim at Bowl Park near the Lake Harriet band shell. Liz joined us. We ate dinner and then played bocce. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment