Thursday, October 14, 2004

rube cred for bush

well, i watched the third and final presidential debate last night. kerry did a good job, while bush demonstrated his lack of rhetorical skill and inability to fustigate kerry on domestic issues.

bush did tell a funny joke during the debate.

"hey ben, pete and repeat were on a boat. pete fell off and who was left."
repeat.
"pete and repeat were on a boat..."

it would be easy to create a political platform to present to the american people. it would be easy to surround yourself with a competent staff. however, creating a tangible platform is beyond my abilities. at my core i am probably a centrist most closely aligned with the dnc. i am not a libertarian because libertarians apparently refuse to admit that people are irresponsible, and that leads to naive policy.

but anyway, the purpose of this blog is not to present my clarion political platform. i will write whatever i please, whether i believe it or not. i think most people realize that.

3 comments:

klink said...

Ouch....I feel like you've rolled me over and humped me dry. Ouch.

First, I realize the point of your postings. However, your profession to write what you please is no longer true. All content will be approved by me prior to publication. This means no more big words like "fustigate"- because I had to look that one up. Also, words like "clarion" are not permitted on the basis of sounding French. Start referring to me as King Klink.

Second, the libertarian platform, or vision if you will, is one based on individual responsibility. A libertarian is willing to admit people are irresponsible, they just don't want to pay for the irresponsibility of others. Now I do believe that resources should be available for those in need or those who have made poor individual decisions, but i don't believe the government should be that resource.

Finally, I think most people revolve around a nucleus of centrist beliefs. It's the minor differences on major issues that seem to shift people on the political spectrum. Have a good day.

Oh, and I apologize for the influx of mail as a result of my propaganda.

Go Huskers.

klink said...

By the way, that last post had a great chemistry tie-in to your centrist comment.

Serious non-rube cred.

klink said...

Dear Bane,

I am a frequent parishioner of the House of Bane, an increasingly popular religion in a time when people need something to turn to for comfort. And believe me, the House of Bane offers comfort.

While I tend to blindly follow everything I hear when worshipping in the edifice of Bane, I worry that a political party by the same name, the Party of Bane, will have close ties with the House of Bane. Will the comfort that I receive from the Erection of Bane be applied to policy in the party of Bane?

klink