Friday, October 08, 2004

viernes gigante

here are three lengthy articles from the boston globe.

Back-room dealing a Capitol trend

Energy bill a special-interests triumph

Medicare bill a study in D.C. spoils system

here are sebastian's grad school classes:
Accounting and Financial Analysis
Global Economic Environment
Finance Theory
Quantitative Techniques

everyone in graduate school should email me with a list of their classes or a synopsis of projects they are working on. i would like to know. perhaps the request deserves a personal email, we'll see.

if you don't want bush to be elected, go online at about 9:30 central time tonight and place your vote on fox, abc, cbs, nbc, and cnn affirming kerry's debate victory.

i apologize to all the conservatives and extremists (liberals) who have been sending me hate mail for writing with such narrow perspective. i now have a new gmail account, courtesy of sebastian.

1 comment:

klink said...

So much to say....only so long before people would stop reading.

So I'll start with my experience on Saturday that continues to prove my theory that I live a charmed life. I was on campus for a symposium, which was depriving me of a saturday which included many key college football match-ups. I was able to leave around 4 PM, and i was walking to my car when I was stopped on the sidewalk for directions by a young lady who was on campus to take the GRE. She needed either a computer lab to look up bus schedules or my vast knowledge of the mass transit system. I provided both. What made this an interesting encounter was that during the course of my instructions, my eyes wandered towards her midsection with frequency that is abnormal. Why? Well, for one she was wearing a shirt that cut off somewhere above her belly button. Second, she was wearing some rather low-riding pants. How is this different than other girls who wear similar attire? And why couldn't i resist repeated glances towards her most private regions? Probably because it wasn't very private. the pants were so low, accompianied by the fact that her underwear was rolled over at the waistband, that the girl's muff was revealed. I'm not talking a rogue curly either, I'm talking a solid quarter to half inch of exposure here, of what appeared to be (like there was any doubt after my examination) a moderately groomed black labrador retriever. I wanted to make a comment, but I think my inability to remove my eyes from her exposed scratch-pad said enough.

Moving on.....I won't even comment on the huskers game. I drank myself into such an oblivion that night that I couldn't wake up early enough to set up my fantasy football team. So it is true, alcohol starts to affect many ares of your life that are important to you.

I'm not taking any classes right now, but I am a T.A. for senior level inorganic chemistry. Those students really know how to bitch about 2 or 3 points on a test. As far as research, I'll decline from sharing info on that for 2 reasons: 1) you don't care, 2) i don't want any competitors who monitor my every move to gain any insight into my current research motivations.

Finally, the debate was horrible. Kerry had opportunities to slam the door, but mostly brought himself down to the level of bush in terms of whiny responses that don't say anything.