To start the weekend, I whistled for my trusty bicycle and set a land-speed record on the way home from work, despite the fact that I have triceps where most people have quadriceps.
Later, I enjoyed an Italian Combo hoagie and Summit EPA at Pizza Luce. Then we progressed to the live music scene at the Turf Club, near the intersection of Snelling and University. We were listening to the first band when somebody in the audience yelled out.
"Cock fight!!"
I was highly enthused. However, seeing no agitated gamecocks or people affixed with metal spurs, my enthusiasm declined to amusement of a random outburst. Then it was revealed to me that the band's name was Cockfight.
On Saturday, we visited Goodwill and then Everyday People, a thrift store where I found a stylish brown sports jacket for 13 USD. Then I played basketball in my sports jacket. Actually, I didn't. Sports jacket?
After months of failure, I progressed in achieving my New Year's resolution to watch more movies. Over the weekend, we watched Team America and Meet the Fockers. We also recently watched Crash.
On Sunday, we feasted at the home of the gracious Ziyad Al-Rashid. Good times.
On Monday, we landscaped. It looks good. I also fixed the outdoor faucet; it had a cracked stem valve seal.
In other news, I escalated the war of man versus beast. A rapacious raccoon had been plundering my compost bin by digging down and under the bin. I fortified the bin by burying plastic floor tiles down the sides and placing bricks around the base. Should the raccoon continue to display a brazen disregard for private property rights, I may be forced to shock and awe.
1 comment:
Bane, also keep in mind that I have experience in the field of animal euthanasia. If you think that sounds inhumane, you are mistaken. Remember- euthanasia comes from the greek word euthanatos, which means "a good death". I can give you my personal guarantee that it will be a good death.
Post a Comment